Ministry: Triumvirate, Scriptorium, Mystran Shrine

In character discussions between players

Ministry: Triumvirate, Scriptorium, Mystran Shrine

Postby Thune » 2017.05.09 12:12:23

It has come to the attention of the Ministry that there are several groups wishing to enact the following measures.

Item 1: Exotic-non humans will be stripped of citizenship. They must then be registered. The unregistered may be imprisoned, and have no rights.
Item 2: Adventurers must pay 500 gold to be entitled to work in Arabel. This entitlement may be stripped from them.
Item 3: Wizards that can cast above fourth circle must be registered, which in in violation of the original treaty with Lord Maleen.

Lord Lhal wishes to maintain the freedom of wizards and adventurers in Arabel, and believes that these, among other things, will squeeze the life from Arabel. We would like to know if your organisations will act to oppose such changes, or see them come to pass. We note that each of you have had members who might be considered Exotic, or powerful spellcasters, and depend on adventurers to fill much of your ranks. It is therefore necessary to consult with you on these changes.

The Ministry asks that you lend your support to Lord Lhal, in opposing such unnecessary and drastic measures that will destroy Arabel.

The Minister of Justice
Thune
MRW I have a custom title

Characters: High Arbiter, General, Commander of the City Watch, and Purple Dragon Lionar, Lord Kraegus Thune

Re: Ministry: Triumvirate, Scriptorium, Mystran Shrine

Postby TheMinionOfArabel » 2017.05.09 15:35:59

The Scriptorium will review these items and send a reply once we come to a decision on each.

- Chronicler Ru
Yellow Minion: Banana!!!
Purple Minion: BAAAANAAAHHHNAAAHHHH!!!
TheMinionOfArabel
Pathetic Spammer

Characters: Hammedatha Jakan

Postby kittenblack » 2017.05.09 16:05:42

No reply is written by Lucrecia. The letter is, however, copied for her own person.
Cara Steel, Lindandey Violet, Rose Faerahrn, Justine Thyme, Areru Andan, Valor Pyrre, Syclya Ferelle, Maria Flats, Tara Esmurla
kittenblack
Pathetic Spammer

Characters: Lucrecia Tindra, Initiate of Mystra

Postby Thune » 2017.05.11 06:04:47

Dweomerkeeper Raznor,

Initiate Lucrecia Tindra has asked that you respond, as she is unfamiliar with the stance of the Mystran Shrine.

Ministry of Justice
Thune

Characters: High Arbiter, General, Commander of the City Watch, and Purple Dragon Lionar, Lord Kraegus Thune

Postby TheMinionOfArabel » 2017.05.19 18:22:23

Minister,

I have reviewed the items and done some research. It has come to my attention that you are currently attempting to end Lord Maleen's Legacy with these laws. Also, is it not Lord Warden Lhal's wish to unit Arabel as a whole? Let us look over each item.

Item 1: Exotic-non humans will be stripped of citizenship. They must then be registered. The unregistered may be imprisoned, and have no rights.
This is simply unacceptable. This law was removed from Arabel in the past for good reason and Cormyr is a land of tolerance, and so this city should be also. I must ask you to look into the past and see the error of such a law. Lord Hardcastle has one such law in effect at some point and all it did was bring discord and outrage. He treated the non protected races like lesser beings, even when they were contributing members of our society. It is not by alienating them that they will become hard working, good citizen of Cormyr. It is my including them and guiding them as our equals. Is this not the wish of the Warden of the North as well? We are all one under Heaven, no matter our race.

Item 2: Adventurers must pay 500 gold to be entitled to work in Arabel. This entitlement may be stripped from them.
In Cormyr, as far as I know, "adventurers must acquire a charter before undertaking any operation as a group". Adventuring troupe, mercenary companies, etc. Not as individuals. You must remember, however, that we are the frontier of Cormyr, and things are somewhat different up here. Arabel has depended and still depend on adventurers to prosper and to be safe. This law would only drive adventurers away and do more harm than good.

Item 3: Wizards that can cast above fourth circle must be registered, which in in violation of the original treaty with Lord Maleen.
As you say, this law would be a violation of Lord Maleen's Legacy. You would see it so swiftly removed? Lord Maleen fought for Arabel and its people. It would be a great dishonor to one of great hero of Arabel by destroying his legacy. The treaty is clear also. The registration will not be in effect in Arabel. Period.

These laws are too restrictive and would push away individuals and groups this city sorely needs. Let us learn from the history of the past ,and make sure we do not repeat the same mistakes.

- Chronicler Ru
TheMinionOfArabel
Pathetic Spammer

Postby Thune » 2017.05.19 20:02:53

You are absolutely mistaken. This is not what Lord Lhal desires.
These are what Lord Tammarast desires to bring about in Arabel.

Ministry of Justice
Thune

Postby TheMinionOfArabel » 2017.05.19 20:22:31

Minister,

My apologies, it seems something got lost along the way. I am still somewhat confused though. If this is what Lord Tammarast wants, why is it even being reviewed? He is not the Warden. Has he demanded these from Lord Lhal? Does he have the support to see these law brought into effect? Besides Lord Tammarast, do you know who else seeks to see these law enforced? If he is the only one, I doubt there is much concern, but if he has the support of many, something must be done to warn the people and gather support against this.

I've added an article to the Gazette asking for the people's opinion on the matter. I've yet to receive anything yet. I might have to ask people in person.

Thank you for the clarification.

- Chronicler Ru
TheMinionOfArabel
Pathetic Spammer

Return to IC Discussion