Letter: The Scriptorium

In character discussions between players

Letter: The Scriptorium

Postby O'louth » 2017.04.21 12:15:59

Scribes, Chroniclers,

The Crown seeks information pertaining the use of pacts. There will be a reward forthcoming should one or more scholars be able to illuminate precisely -what- that is.

Evelyn Bleucroft
Royal Scout
Character: Wouldnt you like to know?
Olouthitis: Character does awesome things for a few months, but inevitability hijacks an air ship and crashes it into an evil faction head quarters screaming battle cries.
O'louth
#1 League Of Legends Fan

Characters: Emilia Birdsong, Herald of Luck

Re: Letter: The Scriptorium

Postby TheMinionOfArabel » 2017.04.21 15:21:55

Honored Royal Scout,

I shall gather the knowledge and provide a clear description as soon as possible.

- Chronicler Ru
Yellow Minion: Banana!!!
Purple Minion: BAAAANAAAHHHNAAAHHHH!!!
TheMinionOfArabel
Pathetic Spammer

Characters: Hammedatha Jakan

Postby TheMinionOfArabel » 2017.04.24 15:35:36

Honored Royal Scout,

My apologies for the delay. We do not have that much information on the matter and it took me some time to gather the it and see if my colleagues had any additional details to add to what I found.

Here is what I have so far on the subject:
On Pacts
From the Book of Law wrote:Making a pact with a supernatural entity is heresy against the Gods. A 'pact' is the transfer of unnatural power to a mortal by a powerful supernatural entity including, but not limited to; devils, demons, celestials (barring overwhelming evidence that such is the will of the Gods), fey creatures, the undead, aberrant creatures, and creatures borne from the Rift.

Any powers obtained from an entity other than a God, or by the will of a God (with appropriate proof of the God's will on the matter) is considered a pact. These powers can vary from minor healing magic to powerful destructive powers.

By unnatural power, it means any powers not from racial bloodline abilities or lycantropic disease. These powers are granted to the mortal and he or she can use them without using a item, the Weave or the Divine blessings of the Gods. Items have been known to be imbued with these powers as well but the legality of them is a grey area.

During the time of Lord Maleen, it was rumored the House had a pact with the Fey and the city had not deemed this pact illegal. The debate may have been around the nature of the pact itself and also the goodly fey with whom the pact was made. Or because fey were considered natural beings and not supernatural. However, current Laws do not make distinction with fey pacts and other pacts.

The mortal making a pact is called a Warlock. They oftenly "sell" his soul for the power. This mostly happens with dark pacts made with demons, devils and the like. It may occur with all pacts but information on the matter have yet to be discovered. Warlocks tend to be quite secretive on the nature of their powers and keep this information secret.

- Chronicler Ru Mei Shi
TheMinionOfArabel
Pathetic Spammer

Postby O'louth » 2017.04.24 15:41:53

Chronicler,

Thank you very much for the provided information. I shall see you soon for a suitable reward.

Evelyn Bleucroft
Olouthitis: Character does awesome things for a few months, but inevitability hijacks an air ship and crashes it into an evil faction head quarters screaming battle cries.
O'louth
#1 League Of Legends Fan

Postby O'louth » 2017.04.25 07:54:13

Chroniclers of Oghma,

I have pondered how I might offer something in return for your assistance, and I believe I may have an answer. Castle Eveningstar has established a Task Force, to coordinate efforts against the Orcs. These files hold a great deal of information pertaining the threat. If any of you might be interested, perhaps you would wish to assist us in becoming part of the Task Force. Not as fighting men, but as students. To benefit myself, you might be better able to look at the information objectively, and bring forth perspectives no one else can. To you, it will be a vast source of information which you can use to publish books, document the present, or study how the silence affects not only humans, but other humanoid or monster creatures as well.

Evelyn Bleucroft
Royal Scout
O'louth
#1 League Of Legends Fan

Postby TheMinionOfArabel » 2017.04.25 15:30:36

Honored Scout,

This is a wonderful opportunity indeed. If we can be of assistance in the study of this knowledge, we certainly will assist. I must warn you however, I am swapped with much work, it may take me some time to look over it all. I am still sorting the knowledge of the orcan war I have and trying to gather more information, along with many other projects.

I will inform the others of this offer and see if anyone else is interested in getting involved.

- Chronicler Ru
TheMinionOfArabel
Pathetic Spammer

Return to IC Discussion