Memoirs of a Master Adventurer, Sammie Twigfeller

IC Journals of characters within CoA. (PLEASE NOTE: This is OOC knowledge)

Re: Memoirs of a Master Adventurer, Sammie Twigfeller

Postby Vagabond3103 » 2017.04.18 13:51:23

Day = 18th of Tarsakh, 1396 DR. Gold = 4000~ Health = Healthy and happy.

Been getting back into the swing of things. Saving the world, taking names and being woefully outclassed by random adventurers. Still, at least they need someone to deal with the traps and locks! That said, I've been doing some fairly heroic stuff, being at the front with my shield and bashing the shins right in the bony-bit, the part that really stings. Still don't like the snapping sound it makes when I hit them really hard, but that's just part of being an adventurer I guess - rolling with the bad stuff.

Gosh, so much has happened. Scheduling my expedition to find what this darned key opens, adventuring with Thurgrim (he's a goodie, but I'm sure I'll remember that), and the Dale Wars, I've certainly kept myself occupied. Been doing more jobs than I can count, the golds good, nice to have my wand-belt all filled up, though I find them running out of charge as fast as I can order them.

Having nightmares after the thing that happened with Caru and Raznor. Reminded me of the Dream-Eater. Lots of dead friends. Pale faces and cold eyes.

Still, the life of a Cyrrollalean is never a lonely one. I've got plenty of friends, and I'll carry them all with me, alive and dead. Think it'd be nice to see them all again, too, even if we're all in different places in the end. I hope Cyrrollalee keeps the door open up there, even if I'm dead I want to have an adventure around!

Reminder: Send a letter to Abelard, a present and a congratulations on his wedding plans.
Send a letter to Oscar, he's always interested in my adventures, plus he always tells ma and da what I'm doing (the little sneak).
Get a gift for Thurgrim, he's always watching out for me.
The feeling swelled around me,
The scent of blood and rue,
I have now but my duty done,
And duty more to do.
Vagabond3103
Distinguished Citizen

Characters: Eagus Kamon, Watcher of Helm - Active!
Sammie Twigfeller, 'Master' Adventurer - On her way home.
Yawlie Fawgetyr, Trick - On the run from the Chaos Brigade.
Arla Iniura, of Lady Loviatar - Killed herself.
Callum Jameson, Farmer - Benched
Gherren Magnas, posthumous Dwarven Defender - Sent to the Shadow Realm, Dead.
Andrew Watts, Finest Shot in Arabel - Died fighting the Primordial.
Kili Ironbore, The Cleaver - Retired.

Postby Vagabond3103 » 2017.04.20 09:16:59

Day = 20th of Tarsakh, 1396 DR. Gold = 5000~ Health = Injured.

Got hit out of the swing of things. Or fell out of the swing of things, sounds better. Defending Harrowdale was a lot harder than I thought it would be, put my shield up the wrong way against one of those orcs and he's gone ahead and nearly broken my arm. Took a few more hits to the head than I like, and drinking that Darkblight stuff has got me really feeling weird. No wonder this stuff is contraband. I should ditch the other two bottles or give them to Thurgrim.

Made me feel like wanting to go back to Vineshade. I almost died and seeing those rebels up by the barricade just reminded me of the blue and gold militia uniforms dad and all my brothers wear. Imagine me, coming home in a knight's uniform with a big bag of gold. Reckon I'd be in their goodbooks for years.

If I do leave, I'll have to give the key to Thurgrim. I won't even get to explore it myself but I'd definitely send him a letter. He hates paperwork but I bet he reads okay. I'd miss not diving through dungeons and danger, being that plucky so-and-so up at the front, toe-to-toe against the baddies. I don't think I want to leave just yet. I've not even got a hang of this adventuring thing proper!

I'll head back home when they hear my name on the caravans, and bards sings songs of my friends up and down the Sword Coast.
And duty more to do.
Vagabond3103
Distinguished Citizen

Postby Vagabond3103 » 2017.04.21 11:14:22

Two more loose pieces of parchment were slotted into the journal.
Standing rebels in armoured attire,
Drawing the soldier's laughing ire,
An army ran forward, the other prepared,
The glint of steel; the weapons they bared!

A strike, a second, falling, flagging,
The soldiers dropping, bleeding, lagging,
As arrows landed row upon row,
Then marching mages came in tow!

But battered, broken, reeling, tired,
Whirling, whining, nocked and fired,
Hard-won, adventurers in bloody sheen,
Tended their wounded,
And ended the scene.

Orcs would hide and wait and bide,
Along the snowy mountains wide,
For many a year, at point of spear,
We have beat them back,
Wrack! Whack!
Out in the snow to freeze and moan,
We have beat them back.

Down the mountain, against the crown,
They raid, kill and look on a town,
Upon that land, a soldier will stand,
With sword to drive them out,
Bout! Snout!
With duty kept within his breast,
And sword to drive them out!

The glint of steel, the pain they feel,
To lay them low and make them reel,
Though on his own, a knight alone,
The orcs will eat him whole.
Whole! Soul!
As he lay there on his own,
The orcs shall eat him whole.

So take up arms and ring alarms,
Drive them from your homeland farms,
Stand in lead with your knight and bleed,
And fly the dragon proud!
Crowd! Loud!
Stand together with your friends,
And fly the dragon proud!
And duty more to do.
Vagabond3103
Distinguished Citizen

Postby Vagabond3103 » 2017.04.27 12:15:32

Day = 27th of Tarsakh, 1396 DR. Gold = Not counted. Health = Like a horse!

Feeling good about myself. Been doing some really heroic stuff. Closing planar rifts, trying to talk to these elder elemental-things. It was sad that I couldn't convince Arbraun to stop. He didn't seem like he was bad. Poor thing. Though without him, I wouldn't have got to seen the Paragon. He was beautiful. I've never seen anything so perfectly crafted. He looked peaceful, but heroic. I ended up crying and sniffling all the way back to Arabel. I just thought it was so beautiful how he had been a hero for so long, and even far after his death, still inspiring those around him to take up arms and do what was right. That's a hero. Also got to send a hello along to Thifur. I hope he's doing well.

Haven't seen Thurgrim around as much after that. He seemed torn on the subject, he loved how it looked but I think he wished he could do something so heroic, to become an immortal defender of your people is a lofty goal, but I think if there was any one dwarf in all of the planes who could do it, it would be Thurgrim. I hope to do something similar, when I go. I want to be a champion of Cyrrollalee. Maybe not made of stone and metal, but I hope people remember me. I know I'll carry a handful of names with me when I go up to see Jergal, or the Hound or whoever's waiting for me, and after I reach the Green Fields, I think I'd ask Miss Cyrrollalee if she'd let me wander around a bit, since I made so many friends and it'd have been so long since I saw them, got so much to catch up on.

I'm going to start crying if I keep writing like this. There's still lots of work to do, and a war to win. Maybe I'll get a knighthood if I work hard enough. I'd love to tell my brothers and my da and ma that I'm a fully-fledged knight. Ma would want me to come home for a celebration, though. I can imagine the fruitcake and spiced wine. My brothers would all ask for stories and my da would be beaming "A knight in our family? The High-Hill Twigfellers certainly don't have that no-sir!" I'm getting homesick more and more. I'll send them another letter, with more gold. Da's birthday's in a week, need to get him something good.

To do.
    Reorganize this key expedition.
    Get more potions and wands.
    Get more lethal poisons - for Scardale and just in case.
    Write a letter to Thifur, ask him how he's doing.
And duty more to do.
Vagabond3103
Distinguished Citizen

Postby Vagabond3103 » 2017.05.05 11:33:33

Day = 5th of Mirtul, 1396 DR. Gold = Exactly 0. Health = Dunno what to put here. I guess I'm okay but I did just go through a fight.

So, gonna recap what I remember. I helped Miss Daevalur out with trying to get into that factory but gosh-darn was that grueling. I ended up doing some jobs with an eccentric slime-man called Sejuth, who calls himself the Prophet of the Creator and he calls me Salmon. Anyway, did some more jobs, fought with Tancred in the ruins, trying to find some of "That God" cultists, we got a few but no real base or nothing so I suppose that's good. Or bad, they could just be really super good at hiding.

Speaking of super good at hiding, I got caught and kidnapped which was pretty bad. So this 'Troublemaker' gang, led by Wilsip, wanted to mug me and Miss Daevalur and Guth, who's a nice half-orc and a scary fighter. He asked for a potion, since I had no gold, and instead I drank it. Invisible and ran off- Anyway, not writing this all out here but a fight broke out, contraband was used on both sides and I ended up getting caught sneaking in to try and break out my captured friends. Wilsip's eyes are super good though, glow and all so he saw me without issue. Kinda miffed about that but what're you gonna do? If I didn't risk anything, I wouldn't have got anything. Just didn't pay off this time. Think I'm gonna walk into Old Town more, it was a good scrap, just a shame about all the chores I have to do now. Writing reports is boring when you're just a victim. I can't be bothered with it.

Da sent a letter back for Greengrass though! It's awful nice, and he liked my present. I cried when I read it. I dunno when I got so soft. If I die and someone finds this journal on me, could you please send a letter to Vineshade to tell my parents? Thank you.

A letter was slotted into the journal.
Dear Sammie,

Thank you so much for the birthday present. I wasn't sure if you were going to remember off on your high-adventures and all, but you still found time for your old Sergeant. I've all but retired now, but the sword is definitely a beauty. She'll live on the mantelpiece until I trust one of the boys enough not to set someone on fire with it. Greengrass was great. That Cyrrollalean boy you like was making the rounds too, since it was a Hearthday. Setting up the tables and drinks and dancing around when the festivities started and he even asked after you! We told him you'll attend the next one so there's no excuse for being late next year, I hope he didn't mean the next Hearthday though, you know how these Homefellows are; any excuse for a celebration.

Another year in a row that we beat out the Hillstumps, we catered the event and everything, your mother did a wonderful job of it. It's a shame you couldn't be here, but you can bet we had you in spirit. We told stories about you and all the things you'd done, your tales are really quite tall, you sure you didn't lie to your old man? You should head home sometime, your ma misses you plenty, and I know I do as well. I don't want to drag you away from your adventures, and I know you're off doing important things, but sometimes you need to take a break. You work too hard, and I know we say it a lot, but we just want to see you home safe again. There's always a home for you in Vineshade, for you and your friends. Whatever you do, you've made us proud. You're my little adventurer, Sam. Avoreen keep you safe.

Love from, Tedd and Theodora Twigfeller.

PS. Your ma wants to know if you want anything sent along with the next letter. We sent you a keg of the Redburrow's Belbuck, just for a little taste of home. I never liked the minty taste, but you know that.
PPS. Your ma wanted me to put 'Tedd and Tedd Twigfeller' but I told her that was silly. Think I remembered where you get it from.
And duty more to do.
Vagabond3103
Distinguished Citizen

Postby Vagabond3103 » 2017.05.07 21:26:11

Day = 7th of Mirtul, 1396 DR. Gold = 1000~. Health = Died twice, feel nauseous.
I'm writing this currently in the meeting room of the Spire. I'm being briefed on what I'm supposed to be doing but all I can think about is the talk I just had with Thurgrim. If I die out here today, I don't want to come back. It's too painful. Lucrecia said she was unsure if people could even go to their afterlives, but I'm sure I can blaze the trail. I've got too many people to meet. This is less a journal entry, and more a letter in case I perish out there.

A tearstained letter was slotted into her journal.
Dear Ma and Pa, Soppi, Drurry, Al, Jae, Val and Isaac.

I left out today to end a war. To save lives and make sure people have a home of their own. I don't know if I've succeeded, but the hero that dies never really does, do they? I'm sure someone will be able to tell you, but success or fail, I died doing what was right and I'm happy. I love you all so much and I'm sorry to leave you now, it's so selfish of me. I always omit it, because I know you'd worry, but I've died ten times since I came to Arabel. I've always had friends who'd carry me and bring me back, so it's not been a worry. But I don't want to come back anymore. It hurts, and I have friends to visit up there. You know who I'm talking about from all my stories.

I don't have too much time to write, because we're going soon and I need to get potions and make sure this entire page is just something to throw away later. I'll always love you all, and watch over you as much as Cyrrollalee will let me. Make sure to invite all my friends to my funeral. It'll be nice to be remembered.

Love from your favourite adventurer,
Sammie Twigfeller.

Sammie sat down on her bed, opening up her journal after the battle was lost and won, her emotions finding form as her tears found the paper of the letter she'd written. She scribbled another hasty journal entry.
I did it. I'm alive.
And duty more to do.
Vagabond3103
Distinguished Citizen

Postby Vagabond3103 » 2017.05.11 09:28:18

Day = 11th of Mirtul, 1396 DR. Gold = 2000~. Health = Angry, not a health but that's just how angry I am.
I think I went too far today. We went off to get some mushrooms from a drow trader in the Underdark and things went so badly. I don't think I'd have changed a thing, though. This drow had a bunch of Mushroom-Men on his farm. All he did was give them fertilizer and sell their mushrooms and barter for them, use his mushrooms recreationally and he never gave us reason to strike him first. Arvoreen preaches that you never incite combat, so I didn't. He was courteous, even while people planned to kill him. He could've given us poison or hurt us or ANYTHING but he didn't. I think that speaks volumes when a Celestial is the first person to lash out and betray you over a drow. We couldn't pay for the mushrooms that we wanted and killing him didn't seem like a fair shake so I gave him my word that we'd act as muscle for some Orogs that liked to raid his place. So we talk to their leader, who Hope had obviously spoken to, since he said "The Celestial said to spare the humans, but they said nothing about dwarves and halflings." so we start fighting them and in the middle of it all, Hope pops out of invisibility swinging at the Drow, rather than help us fend off the creatures trying to murder us.

She pulled people off the line and distracted us and didn't even help us because she thought she was doing the right thing and because she thought that after the drow was said "the rest of them would die". As if killing thousands of orogs is that easy. The Dale-Wars proved how hard it was to kill a bunch of orcs, and orogs are meant to be even tougher. She's deluded! Anyway, we kill the orogs and we beat her down, because she endangered us and I don't wanna break my word. She goes down and starts preaching about how SHE was betrayed, as if she didn't just speak to the leader and strike some sort of deal. So...I hit her in the head with my hammer and knocked her out. I was a little thorough about it though. It's the way she acted before that too, forcing light on people and then telling them to leave if they don't like it. That's not a friend, that's a bully dressed in gold armour. So I kicked her while she was down, kinda literally. She endangered everyone and I was just so mad at her. I still am. She didn't stop to think outside her stupid narrow view and ended up working with evil creatures that would ravage the surface over one that wanted to eat mushrooms and tend to his Mushroom-Men.

She's stupid and I hate her. I don't think I've hated many people before. But I think I hate her.
And duty more to do.
Vagabond3103
Distinguished Citizen

Previous

Return to The Arabel Diaries